Almond Crusted Halibut in Brown Butter, with Apricot and Curry Dressing
ALMOND CRUSTED HALIBUT IN BROWN BUTTER, WITH APRICOT AND CURRY DRESSING
Write a review
- 2 4-6 oz. Halibut fillets (Skin-on)
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 1 egg beaten
- ¼ cup sliced Apricots
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 tsp soy
- 3 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ - ½ tsp red curry paste
- Season the halibut generously with salt and pepper. Spread sliced almonds on a flat plate single layer. Dip halibut in egg and press, flesh side, into almonds. Place on a tray and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes to set. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- To make the dressing, simply add ingredients together and bring to a simmer and reduce slowly over med-low heat. Reduce to 1/4. Place in food processor and blend to combine. Adjust with salt and cracked black pepper.
- In a sauté pan add two tbsp unsalted butter. Allow the butter to slowly melt and brown slightly. Carefully add the halibut to the pan, almond side down. Allow to sear. Gently turn when almonds are nice and golden. Place in the oven and finish. Remove Halibut and return pan to stove. Add a couple of sprigs of thyme to pan. Gently spoon thyme brown butter over fish.
- To serve, spoon Apricot Curry Dressing over fish. Serve with a nice seasonal salad of arugula.
- Enjoy with Casillero del Diablo Sauvignon Blanc!
Virtual Cooking School http://www.virtualcookingschool.com/